permanent teeth coming in at a late age 40s

I just popped a top front two front tooth. I think I have some permanent premolars coming in too. Are your permanent premolars bigger then your primary premolars. This tooth below the gum is sticking out just past the back of the tooth and is pushing out right at the primary tooth alignment at the the front. Is this a normal tooth eruption or is there things I should look out at my age?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Permanent premolars are usually larger in size. Do you have any photos or xrays? This is just to determine if it is indeed a permanent tooth erupting and not a supernumerary or "extra" tooth.

Vote:
I might try to take a picture but my jaw is so small that I have trouble getting a good one. I will try when there is more light maybe. But from what I can tell I can wiggle it under the old tooth were its growing under the tiny old one.

Vote:
I managed to get some photos I will upload
IMG_0294.JPG

Vote:
Is the caused by my thyroid function the delayed tooth eruption that I am experiencing. I just popped my first top front middle tooth recently and these teeth your looking are about erupt too.

Vote:

Ask a Question