Permanently replacing all teeth - costs, longevity, insurance coverage?

I'm so sick of going to to dentist every few months. I don't know if it's age, or stress, or coffee and smoking, but no matter how often I brush and floss, I keep getting cavities on a regular basis.

In addition, I have sensitive teeth (since always, not just recently), and can barely tolerate ice cream or hot beverages.

How much would it cost to have all my teeth extracted at once, and then replaced with something artificial and permanent?
Is there a significant difference, cost-wise, between different states?
Does dental insurance cover this?
Besides cost, what other things should I be aware of and watch out for?
How long does it last?

Alternately, if there's a way to somehow "seal" the surfaces of teeth, to reduce the likelihood of cavities, I'd love to hear about that as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Extracting all your teeth and then placing 6 implants on the top and 4 on the bottom to support non-removable dental bridges costs about $60k in California. Dental insurance coverage is meaningless when you are talking about that much money. It might last many decades or, perhaps even a lifetime, if properly designed and maintained, but no one can guarantee anything for a human body.

Vote:

Ask a Question