Palate ulcer

X X

I have taken a picture that shows an ulcer on the same zone where there is a broken reshaped tooth with a crown.

The reshaped tooth is broken in half but somehow it stills maintain the crown with no mechanical problem (I broked the reshaped tooth 4 months ago).

I am a 31 years old male and I am not a smoker nor a drinker (and neither a diabetic), and I am HIV negative.

I had a past history of oral candidiasis due to excessive orange consumption (but since 2011 there is no episode of candidiasis).

The ulcer is asymptomatic (no pain or swelling).

The dentist says that he will have to remove the tooth and replace it with an implant.

----- Questions:

Is the ulcer originated by the broken reshaped tooth or is there a microbial explanation to it ?

Will the tooth removal and the crown replacement by an implant solve the problem ?

If not removed will it get bigger or chronic ?

ulcère.jpg

20141023_185633.jpg

looks like a fistula to me. without the xray and only pictures above I can tell you that there is infection with sinus tract leads to the fistula that you see in the picture. If the fracture or decay is severe then implant might be a better option. once that tooth is extracted then most of the time the ulcer or fistula will be resolved and implant placement will restore the missing tooth

Vote:

Ask a Question