Sore on hard palate

aqz

Solutions
Hi all just abit stressed with this sore on mouth, i have been picking and prodding since i saw it over s week ago. I am so stressed out that it serious becouse i went to dentist and he gave difflam which i sprayed for over a week now the pain is gone but this redness is still there. I went today and saw another dentist and she just says it looks like i scrapped it etc. But to wait for a few more weeks and if still there then will refer me to hospital. This has sent my mind and anxiety to another level. I am just so down, i just got back from gp and she said it looks like nothing serious and dont seem concerned. What should i do? And has anyone else been in a similar situation. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 15218315479491092600079.jpg
    15218315479491092600079.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 362
  • 15218315945331275029449.jpg
    15218315945331275029449.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 329
Solutions
I had something like this about ten years ago. I burned the area with some hot tomato soup. In my case it became infected when I went swimming and I was in a lot of pain because it was right over a salivary gland opening. I ended up with an infection that needed antibiotics. Yours isn't over a salivary gland as they are more towards the back. You should stop picking and prodding it and it should heal naturally. I always take extra vit C if I have anything like this in the mouth, which thankfully I haven't for a long time. If you smoke, don't for a few days. If it gets worse, which from what you say isn't happening, then you'd need antibiotics but it sounds as though it's healing because it's stopped hurting you. btw don't take this the wrong way, I'm not a dentist but you really should go for a hygiene appointment.

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
@Busybee thank you so much for your reply really appreciate it. To be honest i thought redness would go by now but my anxiety is just all over the place i keep checking it and taking pics with phone. Dentist did say if not gone in few weeks will refer me to hosp for further tests this is what is causing me severe anxiety i suffer with health anxiety. Its ok i know i need to have a clean up as i do smoke i know i shouldnt just want to feel normal again. Thanks for your advice. ☺

Vote:
Solutions
Hi aqz you should relax and let it heal. It just looks like an injury and maybe try to eat soft foods for a few days that aren't too acidic. But if you care about your health you really should stop smoking, it's so bad for your oral health and will make you more prone to ulcers which will take longer to heal. It also affects your gums. Believe me I gave up many years ago and the difference is astonishing.

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
@Busybee thank you so much for your kind and reassuring words, i hope it is just a thing that will heal. As i dont feel pain or discomfort that is what concerns me and its been there nearly two weeks. I will add i do eat alot of crunchy and spicy things. So thought maybe that has something to do with it. But who knows how long its been there as i only noticed when i started looking with my torch and camera. Health anxiety is just a vicious cycle!

Vote:

Ask a Question