Pain weeks after wisdom teeth removal

A few weeks ago I had my lower left wisdom tooth removed. However, the pain won't go away. The pain is like I still have my tooth there. The pain is a stinging aching pain. I did see the surgeon about my pain when I had my lower right removed about two weeks ago and he said it's fine and it takes 3 months to heal.

I also had my lower right removed about two weeks ago as mentioned above which also has the same pain.

Does anyone know why I'm hurting so much?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

If it was a difficult surgical extraction, it does sometimes take a while to heal. The pain should be getting gradually better however and not stay the same or become worse. I would suggest going for a follow-up with your oral surgeon, or at least your dentist, in order to evaluate if the pain is not maybe related to some adjacent structures.

Vote:
Good day

If it was a difficult surgical extraction, it does sometimes take a while to heal. The pain should be getting gradually better however and not stay the same or become worse. I would suggest going for a follow-up with your oral surgeon, or at least your dentist, in order to evaluate if the pain is not maybe related to some adjacent structures.
Ok so I still have pain and it’s been many months now. Do you know what to do? It comes and goes but been steady for two days in left side and a little in right.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Have you been for a follow-up? New x-rays and scans will be needed in order to determine if the origin of the pain is not related to adjacent structures. Might not be related to the surgical extraction at all

Vote:
Have you been for a follow-up? New x-rays and scans will be needed in order to determine if the origin of the pain is not related to adjacent structures. Might not be related to the surgical extraction at all
No I can’t afford to go back. I have looked myself and I have seen nothing unusual. I did see a white bit near the gum but unsure if that’s normal anatomy. The pain is strong stinging. I’ve tried using baking soda toothpaste and vinegar to help kill any bacteria and germs. Nothing is helping much. I’m going to try tea tree soon

Vote:

Ask a Question