Pain persists after Lower Wisdom teeth removal 3 weeks earlier

Hi,

I really need some help and guidance as I am quite suffering from pain for past 3 weeks and not sure until when this would continue. Here is my story:

I was having sensitivity issues in my lower teeth and the dentist suggested to remove my lower wisdom tooth. It was really tough for them as they said they have applied too much pressure to remove it. But then, dentist suggested no stitches needed as any infection should go out.

I did not get any swelling, but there was numbness for the 1st day and then 2nd day onwards pain was there in the day time and I was having paracetamol in the night and got better sleep. 2 weeks went, but the day pain was still there, did not go. Went to the doctor again and checked for dry socket issue. Dentist mentioned, it was all good and there is no dry socket and asked me to rinse with warm water..

But, the pain was still there and then it started in the night as well and pain killer did not help. I was not able to sleep at all.

Went to dentist again for third time 2 days back, this time a senior dentist came and mentioned, my tooth is not clean and this has created bacteria and that is the main reason for the pain (Am not sure).....they suggested cleaning the entire tooth which took 1 hour. It was horrible time for me.

Now, it is paining all day, and did not change at all. Pain killer is not helping me either.My question is:

1. Is this starting from day 1 due to cleaning issue?
2. Or is my healing takes more time as I am reading several websites that it might even take 3 months?
3. Or is there any infection should I consult another dentist?

One main thing, is If there is very high pain, If I am drinking normal water, it goes away for a min, but the pain comes back....So, with this for past 2 weeks, am drinking close to 8-10 bottles every day..

Can someone provide suggestion please!!!

Ask a Question