Pain on location with filling

Hello Everyone,
It has been almost a month and a half since I had my filling and have not experienced any problems. I brush my teeth twice a day and use Listerine mouth wash. Recently though, I've found that drinking cold things produces a sharp stinging pain for about a second, the same effect is not produced when eating other cold or hot things. Could it be that my filling needs restoration?

Hi Dorocten,

Sensitivity is a common complaint amongst patients and can be due to a variety of reasons. Sensitivity from a filling usually occurs after the filling is done.

Are you sure that it is the same tooth as the one that had the filling? Even if it is, there could be other reasons for the sensitivity that you have described, such as gum recession leading to exposed roots.

The best thing to do is to return to the dentist and have the dentist do an examination to find the cause of the problem.

Hope that helps!

Vote:
Hi Dorocten,

Sensitivity is a common complaint amongst patients and can be due to a variety of reasons. Sensitivity from a filling usually occurs after the filling is done.

Are you sure that it is the same tooth as the one that had the filling? Even if it is, there could be other reasons for the sensitivity that you have described, such as gum recession leading to exposed roots.

The best thing to do is to return to the dentist and have the dentist do an examination to find the cause of the problem.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Doc!

Vote:

Ask a Question