Pain in back tooth

so I've had sensitive gums for a while now and I've been dentist numerous times about it . couple weeks ago I got really bad pain in my back tooth well think it was my back tooth couldn't really tell where pain was coming from . she said I had a infection and give me antibiotics the first ones didn't work so I went back and she give me some different ones. the pain as gone a lot it's still sensitive thou and I have a sore on my gum behind my front teeth now.. anyway I been back today and she said that if it starts to hurt again to come back and she will look at maybe a root canal . i cant cope with it coming back will antibiotics alone get rid of infection . dont they ave to do something to the tooth or wherever the infections come from . dont they do something so it dosnt come back not wait till it has ? im so worried about It . does anyone know been in simular situation. thanks

Sensitive gums or tooth?
Sensitive to hot, cold, or pressure?
Any Xrays to show us?

she didn't do any xrays .. it's just tender now it was sensitive to hot and cold.
it was my gum and tooth
I want to know if antibiotics work on they own or will the tooth need work? that's what im worried about I don't want to jsut leave it and it be getting worse

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
With such little info to go from, I don't know enough about the nature of your problem. It is not good practice to only give out antibiotics in the hope they will somehow work. The cause of the infection has to be tackled in order for the antibiotics to have best chance of working. Go back again or go to another dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question