Help, spreading infection

So about 3 weeks ago I had a gum infection. The dentist gave me antibiotics and antibacterial mouthwash and it disappeared in a week. I finished the entire course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory pills. But then a week later the infection came back at the same area (upper teeth, on the right side). I went to see the dentist again and she said it's probably because of how much pressure my braces are putting on my teeth. So she loosened my braces, and turns out there is less aching in that area. However, she said I couldn't take any antibiotics because I'd just finished an entire course a week ago. Instead she gave me some anti inflatory pills and told me to keep using the antibacterial mouthwash twice a day. After 2 days, my Infection doesn't seem to be gettin any better - if anything it's gotten worse; the area below my chin (where the lymph node is), beneath my cheek bone and even below my eye hurt. So basically the whole right side of my face aches, although there isn't any visible swelling. Since I am unable to take any antibiotics to get rid of the bacteria, im afraid it will just keep spreading and eventually result in more problems to other areas of my face. I've heard of dental infections that have affected the brain as well, but I don't want to Think about it right now.. What should I do? I also happen to practice good dental care, especially since I now have braces. I brush and floss regularly and I don't smoke. I am also following my dentist's instructions diligently. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Ask a Question