Please help! My daughter may have infection under pulpotomy!

Hi everyone, I am new here. My daughter was on the milk bottle too long up until 2 years of age and needed 4 front teeth pulled and two pulpotomies with crowns....fast forward, now she is 6.5 years old and hasn't had a cavity since then. Today, dentist wanted to do xrays to see if there are cavities in between the teeth and now they see 4....ugh. Makes me wonder. I never had xrays as a child and never flossed and I guess any cavities I had just fell out with my baby teeth?
Anyway, my daughter is also complaining of some slight pain under her tooth that was crowned. The dentist did another xray on that tooth and there is a dark shadow under the tooth where it meets the gumline. She said it could be an irritation of the 'medicine' they put into the pulpotomy leaking out or it could be an infection and there is no way of telling unless we yank the tooth. This breaks my heart as she is already missing 4 front teeth and two on bottom are loose now that she is 6. If I allow them to yank out this first front molar she will be so self conscious. She hates that she has all of these teeth out as it is....In Googling, I don't see much info on infection under pulpotomy etc....any advice would be SOOOOO appreciated! Thanks! This is breaking my heart:(.

Ask a Question