Antibiotics not helping tooth infection

Well I went to my dentist on Friday because my tooth was hurting like hell! I believe it's an abcess but we didn't get to check because my mouth was so swollen i couldn't have opened it up enough for her to even take an xray, she put me on 500mg amoxicillin and metronidazole and 600mg ibruprufen to be taken once every 8 hrs, ever since i took them they never helped in subsiding pain or anything of the sort only when i go to sleep and wake up I wouldn't really feel any pain until 2 hours later I can't eat a lot because if my top tooth touches my bottom tooth (molar) it would hurt because it's somehow sensitive I finished the pain killer yesterday and I feel no different in terms of pain, the last time I had an infection and pulled my tooth out it hurt SO MUCH just to pull it even though the dentist injected me like 3 times and i'm afraid of pain I can't get anything like laughing gas or anything of the sort because I live in a third world country.. I don't know what to do

Ask a Question