Pain 6 months after wisdom tooth extraction

Seeking help as I had an impacted wisdom tooth (bottom left) removed 6 months ago and did not encounter any problems since my surgery. I was incredibly careful during the first 6 weeks due to my insane fear of dry socket, among other potential complications, and did my utmost best to ensure it would heal well. I had no issues up until yesterday.

I began feeling a dull pain in the exact same area that was aching before my extraction. Occasionally it would throb but it wasn't anything too severe however today the pain has shot up from a 3/10 to a 6-8/10. Unfortunately I was at work all day and did not have time to stock up on any paracetamol or ibuprofen and as it is 1AM right now the only thing I'm able to do is suffer through the pain.

I mentioned this to one of my colleagues who said she had the exact same happen to her but was assured that it was just her teeth moving back into place and said mine are probably doing the same.

Any advice/thoughts?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Never heard of such a thing. Suggest you seek dental advice and check tooth adjacent to extraction site.

Vote:

Ask a Question