Numbness after Root Canal Treatment

I had a root canal treatment six days ago. I had been suffering with a lot of pain and was told this was the only option to save the tooth. Since the procedure my chin and lower lip on the right side have been numb and are showing no signs of getting back to normal. The numbness has been constant except for the night after the procedure where I felt excruciating pain that almost had me in tears. Now I have a constant tingling with occasional pain.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do or what could be wrong? I was going to try contacting my dentist when the surgery opens tomorrow morning but I'm not sure there is anything they can do. Is this likely to wear off or is it permanent? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Xseonaid - what ever happened after your initial numbing? I didn't see anyone reply to your message. I just had a root canal done on a lower molar on Monday. The next day I started feeling numbness in my left jawline, lips and cheek. I still have some swelling around my left jaw. It has persisted for the past 4 days with only minor change. If you can tell me what happened with you, it would be appreciated. I called the dentist and she put me on stronger antibiotics and 800 mg ibuprofen and felt that pressure was pushing against the nerve from inflammation.

Vote:
hello

Pain may be due to the infection.If the tingling sensation persists more than a week consult back with ur dentsist.
pain may subside in days . Avoid hot and spicy foods for a week.
have your medications regularly as prescribed. you will be fine.

Vote:

Ask a Question