Numbness post wisdom tooth extraction

About 12 days ago I had the lower right hand wisdom tooth removed under intravenous (it was impacted and pushing on the adjacent tooth).
5 days after the surgery I started to sense some numbness in the chin/teeth area (the same area anaesthetised during surgery). The numbness has slowly intensified mostly in the lower front right teeth. The clinic informed me that this is not surprising given the proximity of the wisdom tooth to the mandibular nerve, which seems to either have been disturbed during surgery or affected by subsequent swelling/healing (although swelling is largely gone).

Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience so I can gain an idea of how long it will take for the numbness to return to normal and if the gradual worsening could become an issue (it hasn't been complete numbness, and the degree of numbness is stimulated by brushing teeth, moving jaw etc.. There has also been slight tingling, itching).

Many thanks

Ask a Question