No Xray required or waiver OK for a Dentist in Dallas Ft Worth Texas area

PLEASE NO LECTURES JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS if you can. I'm looking for a dentist in the Dallas Ft Worth Texas area that is not stuck on needing x rays to clean my teeth. I don't need cavities filled or anything else. I just want my teeth cleaned. I have tried off and on for 10 years but keep giving up. I've been able to do a pretty good job of it on my own but I would like a decent cleaning. I know they exist. And no it is not law that they do x rays. So please only people answer that can answer my request for a dentist. Thanks!!!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
No licensed provider in the US will clean teeth without x-rays. X-rays are like road maps to guide you. Without them, we can't see where the bone levels are, if you have gum attachment loss, if you have deep tartar below the gums, if you have any tumors, cancer, cysts, etc. We are liable for all the above plus more.

Any savvy lawyer can go around any waivers and put the licensed dentist out of business.

Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I think it's possible, and I have a couple of patients that only wants cleanings and no Xrays. But I have recorded it several times in their records that they have refused and that I have given them leaflets explaining risks of Xrays and risks of not taking Xrays. It's not that dissimilar if you visit a doctor and then ignore his advice to have blood tests etc. You are correct that it is "not the law", but we do have a duty of care. You will have a lot of dentists refuse to see you because they don't like to be placed in a potentially difficult situation. So many people like to sue today, and the lawyers can be rapacious.

Vote:
I think it's possible, and I have a couple of patients that only wants cleanings and no Xrays. But I have recorded it several times in their records that they have refused and that I have given them leaflets explaining risks of Xrays and risks of not taking Xrays. It's not that dissimilar if you visit a doctor and then ignore his advice to have blood tests etc. You are correct that it is "not the law", but we do have a duty of care. You will have a lot of dentists refuse to see you because they don't like to be placed in a potentially difficult situation. So many people like to sue today, and the lawyers can be rapacious.

Vote:
I put a post asking if you are in the Dallas Ft Worth area but it disappeared. I am serious I need to find a Dentist and will travel 100 miles if I need too. I guess since I can't put my email maybe if I had the business name I could locate it myself. Maybe I need to just head to Mexico??

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Are you concerned with the costs or radiation? If costs are a concern, there is Baylor dental school. If radiation is a concern, modern digital x-rays emit very minimal radiation. You get more radiation walking to the park than 20 dental x-rays.

Vote:
I am not interested in the reasons you need to state for the needs of x rays. I am only interested in having my teeth cleaned without x rays and so if you have that info fine, if not move on. Thanks!

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I put a post asking if you are in the Dallas Ft Worth area but it disappeared. I am serious I need to find a Dentist and will travel 100 miles if I need too. I guess since I can't put my email maybe if I had the business name I could locate it myself. Maybe I need to just head to Mexico??
I'm nowhere near you. Maybe you'll have to Google and start ringing around with your request.

Vote:

Ask a Question