New fillings hurt to floss? And chew?

Hi! I’ve had some issues bothering me for a little while and would love thoughts on what could be going on.

After not visiting the dentist for a long time (thank you dental anxiety), I finally sucked it up and went in. Luckily, dentist is very kind and they are patient with me and my anxiety. But I was diagnosed with 9 cavities. He’s taking care of them in three rounds. My first bout (4 teeth upper right) was 7 weeks ago. These all hurt to floss between and one hurts to chew with. I can use the water floss ok, but string hurts to push through the teeth.

I went back to the dentist so he could take a look and he said sensitivity isn’t uncommon and to give it time.

My second round (2 upper left, one bottom left) was 3 weeks ago. The top two hurt to floss between, but no real chewing issues Bottom one is fine.

Went back to the dentist last week and he adjusted my bite on all the teeth, but no real improvement. The tooth that hurts to chew on may actually be a little more sensitive? Can’t tell if it is or if I’m just hyper focused on it.

Also started wearing a night guard about 3 weeks ago, because I realized I’ve been clenching at night again (that dang anxiety again).

Anyways, I have my final round in a week but with all these post procedure issues, my anxiety is through the roof! Is this actually normal, or should I be concerned?

I’d love to hear feedback or shared experiences!

Ask a Question