Bridge when neighbouring teeth have fillings

Hi my top left incisor has been taken out and I'm trying to weigh up my options. My dentist suggested a traditional bridge as the two supporting teeth have fillings and could be improved by crowns. I have been researching on the internet before making a decision and I'm finding some places say the two supporting teeth have to be healthy to give enough support but then others say if they need crowns due to being filled then would be a good idea to have a bridge. I also was wondering if a Cantilever bridge would be possible as don't like the idea of three teeth being affected if something goes wrong. Thanks in advance for any advice

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
When you say, "top left incisor", do you mean the large one next to the midline (central incisor) or the smaller ones 2nd from midline (lateral incisor)? A photo would be helpful, and Xrays of adjacent teeth too, pls.

Vote:

Ask a Question