New dentist - five fillings after clear x ray 6 months ago?

Hi, I'm in my 30s, I had my routine 6 monthly appointment today. I've never had a filling and never had any trouble with my teeth. Six months ago I had a routine x-ray and check up, all was fine. Today I arrive and there is a new dentist. Within 5 minutes she tells me I need 5 fillings. I said that can't be right surely? She said yes. She did another x ray which she said was not comparable as the previous x-ray was done on the machine (where you rest your chin) and these today were done by plates inside my mouth so the images could not be compared side by side. I have requested a copy of the x-ray which I await. I asked if these could just be "watched" and she said no, and I have my first appointment for the first filling booked. I feel very apprehensive about this as I don't have the slightest problem with any of my teeth, no problem with hot or cold food etc and nothing visible to the naked eye (have looked with a torch). I feel I ought to at least get a second opinion? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Ask a Question