What is the biggest problem you are currently facing as a dentist?

I was wondering, what are the biggest problems dentists face on a daily basis. What do you really want to happen in your job/clinic? What would your ideal work day look like?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Being a dentist in the US is getting very difficult. First, the schools are charging tuition of $400,000 or more for 4 years. Second, most people cannot afford treatment like crowns and rely on dental insurance to help pay for them. However, the insurance companies are reducing their reimbursements hurting both patients and dentists. Third, expenses are increasing drastically like supplies, equipment, lab support, staff wages, and rent/building costs. Due to Covid, we have nationwide shortages of Dental Assistants and Hygienists.

I graduated 24 years ago with the tuition less than $40,000 paid for by the USAF. I work on State sponsored Medicaid so I don't have to worry about reimbursements, expensive overhead, staff, equipment and supplies, and over treating patients to pay for my yearly new cars, yachts and luxury vacations.

Vote:

Ask a Question