New Bridge Or All false

I have a bridge that is going to be need replacing in the future. It covers 7 teeth including the anchor one. I have had a lot of dental issues, and was thinking about having them all pulled and some implants put in to hold the new teeth.
I have seen it done on the lower jaw and the people are very happy with it.
What's the take on having it done on the upper jaw?

DON'T GET A NEW BRIDGE! Whatever you do that should not be an option as the second bridges never last anywhere nearly as long as the first and you at great risk of root damage from the stress.
The bone in your upper jaw (particularly the front) is not as strong and bone grafts are not fail proof. Implants generally work best on a single crown surrounded by healthy roots. If you're willing to accept the very high possibility of problems and the extremely costly and painful surgery that is required then go for it.

Last edited:

Vote:
I have a bridge that is going to be need replacing in the future. It covers 7 teeth including the anchor one. I have had a lot of dental issues, and was thinking about having them all pulled and some implants put in to hold the new teeth.
I have seen it done on the lower jaw and the people are very happy with it.
What's the take on having it done on the upper jaw?

There is not enough information to answer the question. Why did you need the 7 unit bridge in the first place, and why does it need replacing? How old are you? If the answer is that you are under 60 y/o and in good health, and decay is the reason for the missing teeth and the the need to replace the bridge, then you are prone to decay. In that instance, I would say definitely DO NOT get another bridge. ON the other hand, if the reason for the missing teeth is an accident, and the reason for replacing the bridge is not due to decay, then replacing the bridge MAY still be an option. Implants are about 95% successful. They are usually the best way to replace teeth. For more information on implants, visit our website at MasterpieceSmile.com.

Vote:

Ask a Question