New Bridge Sensitivity

I finally got my permanent bridge in after 3 months with a temporary. This cost me a lot of money and I don’t want to have any problems. Well it’s been about 2 weeks now and all of a sudden when I brush or floss the bridge, I have a lot of sensitivity. I didn’t have it at first but now I do. I hope I didn’t do anything to cause this. I bought a Waterpik at my dentist’s suggestion and I feel like maybe I caused this to happen so I stopped using it. Any thoughts?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
With a conventional 3 unit bridge, the dentist will need to drill on the 2 abutment teeth. The drilling can cause a lot of sensitivity if the nerve/pulp/root canal is still intact. If your bridge feels cold, then the nerve is still good. Avoid overwhelming it with excessive cold because it can damage the nerve.

Vote:
I only feel the sensitivity when I brush my teeth and especially floss under my bridge. Not really with anything hot or cold. I thought I might have ruined it using a Waterpik.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question