New Bridge Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Patient Forum' started by Orizz, May 28, 2019.

1. Orizz

Orizz

I finally got my permanent bridge in after 3 months with a temporary. This cost me a lot of money and I don’t want to have any problems. Well it’s been about 2 weeks now and all of a sudden when I brush or floss the bridge, I have a lot of sensitivity. I didn’t have it at first but now I do. I hope I didn’t do anything to cause this. I bought a Waterpik at my dentist’s suggestion and I feel like maybe I caused this to happen so I stopped using it. Any thoughts?

Orizz, May 28, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Orizz

honestdoc Verified Dentist

With a conventional 3 unit bridge, the dentist will need to drill on the 2 abutment teeth. The drilling can cause a lot of sensitivity if the nerve/pulp/root canal is still intact. If your bridge feels cold, then the nerve is still good. Avoid overwhelming it with excessive cold because it can damage the nerve.

honestdoc, May 29, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Orizz

Orizz

I only feel the sensitivity when I brush my teeth and especially floss under my bridge. Not really with anything hot or cold. I thought I might have ruined it using a Waterpik.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Orizz, May 29, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question