Multiple dental work needed but where to start

Hey everyone,

I hope this is the right section to ask this in.

I'm in need of some costly dental work, but not sure in which order to do them.

I can count on one hand how many times I've been to the dentist in my life and as such I didn't really have a good grasp of what dentists could do to save your teeth. I just assumed you either had bad or good teeth and well to cut a long story short I finally got the courage to go to the dentist and as I suspected I need quite a bit of work

So far I had three teeth pulled and one root canal. The dentist said that I need to wait a couple of months to get dental implants.

Now I possibly need two more extractions and a filling/crown. The reason why I say possible is because the dentist said she could save the one, but the two in the back needs to come out (which surprised me since they not nearly as bad as the one she said she could save). I don't really have the luxury of getting multiple opinions as I don't live in an English speaking country and to top it off lol I live on island far from the city. I've also heard that the dentists here will try to get you to do as many procedures with them as they can. So yes I'm happy with the two procedures the dentist I go to now has done. I'm just surprised that she said the back teeth needed to come out.

I'm due for a crown and cleaning next week. The dental work I'm confused on are braces and implants. Should I get invisalign before I get the implants/fillings etc or get the teeth healthy and then start with invisalign?

I asked the dentist, but the only thing she said is I need to wait on the implants and we were suppose to talk about invisalign on my next visit, but the problem is since she is so far away I usually just have enough time to do the procedure I set the appointment for.

Sorry about the long post, but thought some background info might be useful.

The back teeth are probably the wisdom teeth and it is extraction is recommended. Definitely implants will be last to do. Gotta do braces first if you need it

Vote:

Ask a Question