Whether multiple bite adjustments good? Does it really hange the bite or the structure of the mouth?

Solutions
Hi all,

I had 4 fillings in the month of June. I had few bite adjustments after the filling as I was having some sharp pain while biting down. I went in for 3 visits and had adjustments.

I still have some discomfort or pressure like feeling on one of those fillings and on the left jaw side and sensitivity to cold. So, went back again few weeks back. My dentist said there is no need of refilling now, as it is very shallow. And he adjusted the bite again. Again, after that bite adjustments, I had sharp pain. So they put me in and did another bite adjustment. Then he said he will redo the filling as many adjustments (around 5 visits) are done already.

So, i have to wait and watch for few days and go back to redo.

Whether many adjustments on the tooth which had the fillings makes really worse to the shape of the teeth or the bite structure?

Why I am asking this question is, he adjusted all the tooth in that left area. Even those tooth which is not been filled.

I am really worried whether it makes my left side bite of the mouth feels little weird than right. Is it ok to do many adjustments?

I gonna have the redo in couple of weeks. Whether that will make few more changes to the bite?

Hope this question is not silly. As I am worried about many adjustments to the teeth, I posted this.

Solutions
You should have this conversation with your dentist. You are right to have concerns.
Thank you so much for your reply @honestdoc. Appreciate it.

I am just back from the dentist office. I had the refilling now. That particular tooth keeps on bothering me and he also tried so many adjustments.
He did the refill and hope it works.
He mentioned that, he was discussing about this discomfort on tooth after shallow filling with another dentist. The another dentist said some information like, young females are getting these type of discomfort after a shallow filling. He seems to seen few patients like that. Is that true?
So, he did the refill and am still with numb face. I don't feel any bite now. Hope i can see some changes after few hours.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't have information, experience, or observations of "young females are getting these type of discomfort after a shallow filling." I had a personal experience that may have some relevance. When I was a dentist in the US Air Force, my colleague had place a shallow filling on my lower left farthest back molar. I had no pain but the bite felt strange. Jump ahead 8 - 9 years. I was grinding on it and wore the molar half way down! You may be experiencing stress, life changes, etc. Consider a custom night guard that is soft on the inside and hard on the outside after all of your dental work are completed.

Vote:
Solutions
I don't have information, experience, or observations of "young females are getting these type of discomfort after a shallow filling." I had a personal experience that may have some relevance. When I was a dentist in the US Air Force, my colleague had place a shallow filling on my lower left farthest back molar. I had no pain but the bite felt strange. Jump ahead 8 - 9 years. I was grinding on it and wore the molar half way down! You may be experiencing stress, life changes, etc. Consider a custom night guard that is soft on the inside and hard on the outside after all of your dental work are completed.
Thank you so much for your reply @honestdoc.
I will check with my dentist about the night guard. May be I am grinding on it too. I am not sure though. Do we need prescription for the night guard?
Anyways, I did the cavity refill just in case if it works. Hoping for the best.

Vote:

Ask a Question