In Need of Help Please

Hello,

I was just looking for some advice. I have been experiencing sore, inflamed, bleeding gums for a little while now. I also have recession on some teeth. I use a salt water rinse twice a day, I use coconut oil for oil pulling for twenty minutes every morning, I use a Philips Sonic toothbrush twice a day, I use dental tape twice a day, a dental stick for those hard to reach areas at the back of my molars and an Aloe Vera and tea tree mouthwash. And despite all of this, I still have painful gums. I am at my wits ends. I am trying to do everything right but it feels like I am doing everything wrong. I also wear a mouth guard at night due to clenching. The gum at the edges of some of my teeth are red and sore looking, bleeding easily upon flossing. Sometimes, flavours (spicy, citrus, etc.) can also irritate my gums. I just don't know what to do. I use to take pride in my healthy gums and somehow, it feels like I'm messing everything up.

Kindest regards,

Alice

I saw a Hygienist last September and was given some tips, which I have followed. I have a dentist appointment booked for February 15th, I have contacted my practice to check for cancellations but there have not been any.

Vote:
Hi Alice,

Hope you are doing fine.

In such cases, the usual recommendation is to have deep cleaning at the first place. Following the deep cleaning regular cleaning that you can do at home should be enough. However, they should also find out the reason of the inflamation and the bleeding.

Please keep me updated regarding your situation.

Kind regards,

Ali

Vote:

Ask a Question