Please help, my father is in a rough situation. Need advice for implant(s) for partials? Mexico?

Hello,

My father is nearly 80 years old. His wife (my mom) passed away and he has recently had a stroke. He's pretty broke (social security paycheck to paycheck) and I am working. I have some bucks left over on a credit card, and my brother said he will be able to help

He has 1 or 2 teeth on his top and maybe 5 or 6 on the bottom. All of the teeth on the bottom need to be pulled from what we understand.

What he's considering is getting 2 implants on the top, and 2 implants on the bottom, and using them as anchors for a partial denture. He also said he wouldn't mind getting a full denture on top, but would not want one on the bottom.

Is this the best way to go about this? He keeps talking about single implants to mount a partial-- but I don't think this is a good idea, and he's just trying to save what little money we have. I keep insisting.

We live in California and prices are outrageous, so he's considering going to Mexico to get all of it done. The pulled teeth, extractions and the partials made.

Please help if you have any advice on what we should do! He's so embarassed, lonely and he can't eat much of anything now, he's losing weight. I'm worried. I don't know what to do.

Edit: His bone structure seems to be good.

Ask a Question