PLEASE I REALLY NEED SOME HELP

I have been going to the Dentist lately because of some cleaning and scaling. My husband's insurance will pay it but it turns out that, we will pay some more of almost $2,000. I can feel and see that I don't have any plaques or a very dirty tooth. I think I just need some filling and cleaning since I don't have a tooth to be removed. So this is it. Can somebody tell me if the Dentist just appropriately cost us? And Please Can somebody explain it to me? Before we will go to the Dentist and confront him.
This is what we receive in the billing.

RESIN COMPOSITE- 2S POSTERIOR ----- $294
RESIN COMPOSITE- 1S POSTERIOR ----- $294
PERIO SCALE & ROOT PLN-4+ PER QUAD ----- $288
PERIO SCALE & ROOT PLN-4+ PER QUAD ----- $288

Is the cost is per tooth?please, somebody help me
thank you in advance to those who will help to explain this to me. You will be my Angel.

It looks like you have had 4 fillings done at a cost of $294 per tooth.
The cost should have been explained to you by the dentist.
Also, you have had scaling and root planing carried out. This is done when there are gum problems more serious than simple cleaning.
You have had this done in two quarters of your mouth at a cost of $288 per quarter (also called a quadrant or quad).
The need for this treatment, and the cost, should have been explained to you by the dentist before any treatment was started and a written treatment plan and cost estimate given to you.

Vote:
Thank you so much for your reply. I am very worried about this. The Dentist did not explain it to me. I know it's my fault because I did not ask. This is very heavy on my part. Did the Dentist just give the price of each tooth correct?or he overpriced it? Thank you.

Vote:
It looks like you have had 4 fillings done at a cost of $294 per tooth.
The cost should have been explained to you by the dentist.
Also, you have had scaling and root planing carried out. This is done when there are gum problems more serious than simple cleaning.
You have had this done in two quarters of your mouth at a cost of $288 per quarter (also called a quadrant or quad).
The need for this treatment, and the cost, should have been explained to you by the dentist before any treatment was started and a written treatment plan and cost estimate given to you.

Thank you so much for your explanation. I don't have any serious problem in my gum. I even did not experience toothache. I don't have cavities at all or any missing tooth or a tooth that should be removed. The Dentist said that all I need is a cleaning. And I am surprise with the bills I received. Is the cost of the cleaning and filling accurate? or He just overpriced. Thanks

Vote:

Ask a Question