Help!

Yeah so, I have this minor issue to my dentist but for me it is a major issue and it affects and has affected everything about my life for the past 4 or 5 years. Until I was 16 I never really noticed my teeth but then when I did. Well, it completely destroyed my self confidence within 5 seconds flat. 5 years on I'm still in this same predicament, I can barely talk to people or make eye contact due the fact the way my teeth are, there are only a few gaps on the top and chips on the bottom ones but this is seriously driving me to the point of insanity not having the ability to smile in my own home around people I'm comfortable with and smiling in public is just a complete NO. This has held me back for these past 5 years, with job interviews I've had and never gotten a callback due to the fact I become so anxious and mess everything up in pressured environments because I'm more focused on my appearance and wondering whether they're looking at my mouth. I have been on several academic courses for the past few years recently, which really haven't gone down well with me dropping out due to the fact, this thing is literally controlling my life and social life, all this constant anxiety over the simple act of smiling. And I am really peeved with this, every time I see a dentist it's always the same overly inflated rates of over £1000! I know it's reasonable to pay for cosmetology reasons to boost your ego a little, but surely for people who literally cannot live just one normal day because that person is heading downwards into a spiraling pit of low self esteem, depression and no confidence to do the things they want to achieve in life. Surely fixing somebodies teeth without these ridiculous prices would seem more logical, you're helping somebody in a small way for you but an extremely big way for that person.
Wouldn't it be nice to do something good for once for those less fortunate.

Yeah that was just more of a rant than anything, but I really need some advice on what other options are available because I'm 21 years old now and I don't want to have absolutely no confidence in the next 10 years down the fact I can't break a tiny smile just because of a couple of gaps in my teeth.

Ask a Question