Help with implant and removal of teeth

I am 62 years old and never took good care of my teeth. Now I’m missing three upper teeth and a over bite. Went to two oral surgeons and both are telling me I need to have 13 teeth removed . Very much want this implant but too scared to pull the trigger and get this done. I lived a healthy simple life with no surgeries and never had an IV before. Any suggestions anyone can help. Thanks

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Not sure about your concerns. The surgery will be probably OK, although I'd prefer a GA for 13 teeth.
As for implants, that will have to wait at least months for initial healing to have occurred, so I assume you'll be getting a denture during this time.
Plenty of time to seek opinions about implant suitability.

Vote:
I am 62 years old and never took good care of my teeth. Now I’m missing three upper teeth and a over bite. Went to two oral surgeons and both are telling me I need to have 13 teeth removed . Very much want this implant but too scared to pull the trigger and get this done. I lived a healthy simple life with no surgeries and never had an IV before. Any suggestions anyone can help. Thanks
What is GA for the surgery ? Maybe this could be covered by my insurance we’re dental insurance is not good. Thanks

Vote:
General Anesthesia. I can’t imagine having to remove 13 teeth let alone all in one sitting. I’m 61 and lost 6 teeth 4 just recently. With one implant that was a difficult experience that took nearly 6 months to complete. Glad I did now that it's over.

Vote:
I understand that you are feeling scared and anxious about the prospect of having multiple teeth removed and getting dental implants. It is completely normal to feel this way, especially if you have never had any surgeries or IVs before. Here are some suggestions that may help alleviate your fears and make the process more manageable:
  1. Communicate with your dentist: It is important to have open and honest communication with your dentist or oral surgeon about your fears and anxieties. Let them know about your concerns and ask any questions you may have. They can address your fears, provide reassurance, and discuss the steps they will take to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
  2. Consider sedation options: If you are particularly anxious, your dentist may offer sedation or anti-anxiety treatments to help you relax during the dental implant procedure. This can help alleviate your fears and make the experience more comfortable for you.
  3. Plan ahead: Start planning for dental implants even before your tooth extraction. Let your dentist know that you are interested in replacing your missing teeth with implants as soon as possible. They can discuss treatment options with you and may even perform socket preservation during the extraction to expedite the implant process.
  4. Educate yourself: Take the time to learn more about the dental implant procedure, including the steps involved and the expected recovery process. Understanding the process can help alleviate some of your fears and give you a sense of control.
  5. Seek support: If you are feeling overwhelmed, consider seeking support from friends, family, or even support groups for individuals going through similar dental procedures. Talking to others who have been through similar experiences can provide comfort and reassurance.
Remember, dental implant surgery is a common and routine procedure performed by experienced professionals. With proper communication, planning, and support, you can overcome your fears and achieve a healthy and functional smile.If you want to get more information you can visit mylifesmiles one of the best dental clinic .

Vote:
hi Im Jorge and I am an odonto student yet, but I think you should try the new dental implants technology.,, don't be afraid maybe would help you a lot.. and always remember that a good hygiene its so important.

Vote:
Help with implant and removal of teeth involves dental procedures related to tooth replacement and extraction. Implants are used to replace missing teeth by surgically inserting a metal post into the jawbone and attaching an artificial tooth. Teeth removal, on the other hand, involves extracting damaged or problematic teeth. Dentists and oral surgeons provide these services to restore oral health, improve aesthetics, and alleviate pain or discomfort. These procedures are essential for maintaining dental function and appearance.

Vote:

Ask a Question