Help with dental implant

I'm looking for as much advise as possible please. I had a dental implant placed 10 years ago but due to personal reasons I never had the final crown placed until now. I had the cement retained crown placed just over a week ago.

I can't shake the feeling that it's going to fall off!? Im always worried about it to the point where I don't want to go out.

Also, I have a tight/pressure feeling round about where the abundment attached to the implant. Sometimes it feels like this tightness/pressure is all over my whole face not just in my mouth. Any idea what could cause this?

I should say, I have had no previous problems with the implant it fused fine with the bone and I had no discomfort until the final crown was placed.

The screw attaching the implant to the abutment could be too tight..
I would discuss with your dentist that cemented the implant, if that doesn't help get a second opinion from another dentist.

Also, don't worry about it falling off. If the dentist cemented it properly then it should sit on there for 10-15 years or longer depending on how you take care of it.

Vote:

Ask a Question