Implant??? Please help

so had my tooth extracted today? Bottom left, last one although he said it wasn't my wisdom tooth. Said I can't get a bridge an would need an implant which, after my insurance, would cost me $4,500 out of pocket. Really can't afford that. Any other options that wouldn't be detrimental to my oral health? Being told I really can't go without a tooth there. Thanks a lot!!

Getting an implant at age 18 was one of the worst decisions of my life.

Further, they are not lifelong. They have a lifespan of 25 years on average, and you should avoid chewing using them as they aren't as able as your natural teeth are to handle the forces involved. If you have molars behind the gap, they'll push forward to close the gap. If that movement or existing gap causes a tooth to erupt, wear an inexpensive mouth-guard from a pharmacy at night to fix that eruption. You should treat the eruption promptly as the exposed cementum is quite vulnerable to acid.

Bridges don't last long either, in terms of your lifespan, and they take away valuable enamel which is currently unrivaled by manmade materials.

Once the implant fails, you may be unable to get a replacement implant there anyway due to bone loss. They may attempt to do a bone graft to get sufficient bone there, but that can fail too.

"Being told I really can't go without a tooth there" HA! Some of these professionals can be affected by greed just like professional car mechanics. Others are honourable and trustworthy, and always put your best interests first (while asking for reasonable compensation for their services).

Know where to spot upselling and trust your gut instincts.

Vote:

Ask a Question