Having all four wisdoms extracted. General/local anesthesia? Very scared

I am 27 years old , about one year ago I was made aware by my then dentist that it would be in my best interest to have all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. They are not impacted and have come up but not completely, so this leaves a little flaps of skin that sometimes will bleed if I bite down too hard or even from brushing my wisdoms, since they are only like 75% erupted. Last week I had another dentist appointment and had two cavities filled and she also suggested that it would probably be better while I'm still "young" and under 30 and she gave me a referral to an oral surgeon which I am sitting in the waiting room at now. I am pretty scared. I definitely don't want to be awake for it. Can anyone describe the process and how your experience was? Do they usually extract all four in one visit? Also I am worried about pain even though I heard they give hydrocodone after, the reason why I am worried is because I take opiates recreationally so should I let the doctor know this and therefore ask for oxycodone? Don't really want to be looked at as a drug seeker when I will be needing them for pain. This is going to be my first surgery I'm so nervous.

Just left the office and the xray ended up showing four partially erupted wisdom teeth and then there is one that is impacted (or a tooth like mass), it is small and right next to my top left wisdom tooth. The dentist recommended general anesthesia and to be done in 2-4 weeks. Will attach the xrays when I get home.

Vote:
ChrJJBK.jpg
In this Xray of my mouth you can see the mass I am talking about in the upper right hand corner right next to the wisdom tooth. It's not even causing me pain, should I still have it done? So scared lol

Vote:
I just thought of this... that tooth is just barely barely popping out of my gums(top right in the photo). I notice on the xray that the right side of the xray has a bigger "mass"? Is that tissue or is that my jawbone?? The worst news I could here would be that my jaw needs to be drilled in to. lol oh wow. Sorry guys I'm just so nervous its my first time ever getting any kind of surgery and of course drilling/cutting a tooth out of my jawbone would be my first surgery.

Vote:
You should be fine seeing they are so close to the surface. I had three pulled when they started to abscess and caused ear and throat pain. Not all at once but a few years apart The worst was the bottom left and that was mainly because the dentist didn't put a stitch in and I lost the clot and got dry socket. It was HORRIBLE! I still have one in my upper cheek that they refuse to remove. They were all in deep in my head. Trust, you'll be good.

Vote:

Ask a Question