Having 2 front teeth removed. What temp option is best?

After cracking both front teeth at about 5 years old, I've been through composites, resins, crowns, root canals, an apicoectomy and now 40 years + later, due to infection, they need need to come out. I've been feeling sad, old ugly etc about the whole thing, but wow, could be so much worse, right?!

I've been reading about flippers, essix appliances....are there more options? It will be early next year before I'm healed and they're ready to place the implant.

I'm hoping for an option that looks most realistic, low maintenance, least painful and lowest risk of causing a lisp. I know nothing is a "perfect" option, but what are your recommendations?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What about a snap on smile ?
Cheap versions aren't good; expensive versions are better but much dearer than a simple denture. I have never seen any in real life, only on the web, but I have reservations about how they would affect speech, eating, and general comfort. Would love to hear from anyone with real experience.

Vote:

Ask a Question