Gum recession, still young

Why

The past few years i've noticed some gum recession, but haven't really taken it seriously until today. I was looking in the mirror and noticed I could actually see the top of my canines, both of them, just barely. It kind of freaked me out.

I'm 28, male, brush regularly 2-3 times a day. I've always been annoyed by flossing, but will start doing it more often, also will switch to a soft brush.

What else can I do? Is it possible they will grow back? I can't afford dental insurance.

sadly they wont grow back. What i find baffling is that the field seems very behind compared to others. I've been researching periodontics and there isn't much one can do with recession besides snipping away more of it. huh?

Vote:
No. I too have gum recession. Once we lose the gum tissue it will not grow back on its own. You can have a tissue graft to replace the lost gum tissue. Definitely keep up the good work of regular brushing and flossing. Don't brush too aggressively and try a soft toothbrush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question