Gum Pain

Are there any nerves or other tissue in the central area of the LL1 gum that can be damaged and cause constant mild pain by the simple action of stabbing with a dental probe. Bizarrely this area is also affected when I have a bout of Heartburn which causes a line of pain running from the LL1 region down my neck. Fortunately I can control this by taking Heartburn medication. I was wondering if the line of pain is a nerve.

I should mention that the LL1 tooth has been extracted due to failed root canal treatment and a fixed bridge installed. The pain was there before the bridge.

Last edited:
Can someone qualified please tell me if there is anything wrong with this dental X-ray. It looks to me like filling material after root canal treatment has spilled from the base of the tooth into the gum and I would like to know if this is normal or will it cause problems. There is also a gap half way down, should it be there?

IMG_20180215_100742 hdr contrast.jpg

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question