Resolved gum pain now haematoma?

Hi there,

Over the past two days I have had a lot of gum pain associated with my lower right wisdom tooth which is half exposed. I assumed it was just pain from the tooth coming through. And the pain is now very mild bu5 made worse when eating.

Now I have noticed a purple soft bruise next to the gum. When I pressed it a lot of blood came out. It is very soft and not sore. If I was in the uk I would go to my dentist but I’m on holiday in Australia and don’t know if going to the dentist will be over kill? As it will cost a bomb.

I have attached a picture. Any advice would be appreciated.

No other problems with teeth. X-rays from 6 months ago were normal
I’m 24 years old.

Attachments

• 7B1902E1-56FE-4B49-A1A2-CFCAF3B33A30.jpeg
    7B1902E1-56FE-4B49-A1A2-CFCAF3B33A30.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 330

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like most likely infection associated with wisdom tooth. If you are going to be in Oz for a while, prefer you to see a dentist to get it cleaned out fully, and some antibiotics. If only short time left, might take chance on antibiotics alone. Get some amoxicillin 500mg 3x daily, metronidazole 200mg 3x daily, and a "Savacol" mouthwash from supermarket or chemist.

Vote:

Ask a Question