Got my second molar extracted. What is this white thing inside my gum?

Inside my gum, there is this white thing inside. I dont know what it is. I thought it was rice that got inside my gum, so I took some out. But then i saw a larger size, so I stop pulling it out. And dont think it's no longer rice.

Is it infected? Should I go see my dentist?
Screenshot_20191215-122432_Photos.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Wounds in the mouth don't form hard, dry scabs like you get on outside skin. You get soft, whitish waterlogged skin as you see. This is part of normal healing and requires no intervention.

Vote:
Wounds in the mouth don't form hard, dry scabs like you get on outside skin. You get soft, whitish waterlogged skin as you see. This is part of normal healing and requires no intervention.

Thank you very much!
When I rinse with salt and water earlier today, some part came off by itself, is that normal as well? (I'm not sure how long the white part is supposed to stay) It has been about 6 days since I got my tooth extracted. And I am terrified for dry socket when I'll be abroad for almost a month in a week.

Last edited:

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You won't get a dry socket now; you are past the danger period. Don't worry about anything. A socket takes 3 months to fully close up.

Vote:

Ask a Question