Suddenly gotten edge to edge bite a few days ago.

I was having problems with my right rabbit tooth as i thought it was coming loose and too make sure it was fine at that moment i would often gently put my top front teeth and bottom front teeth together like and edge to edge bite to see and i would do this alot through out the day and a after a couple of days my tooth got better but then noticed that when i spoke and ate my front teeth hit each other then i realised that i had edge to edge bite when i just relaxed my mouth which i never had, to make my teeth touch like that in the past i would have to move my jaw out but now it is just like it all the time. Would love some help as i can't get into a dentist until august.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Usually people do not have an edge to edge bite. A slight overbite would be ideal. The top teeth moves the cheek and lips out of the way while the lower teeth moves the tongue away when functioning. An edge to edge bite runs a very high risk of chipping teeth especially up front. Unless you dislocate the TMJ joint, your teeth should bite into its normal position.

Vote:
Hello, no when in it's normal position my front top teeth sit on my bottom front teeth and when i eat or talk they something hit each other, this only recently happened and never used to be like it.

Also its really uncomfortable or me when my mouth is doing anything even when its relaxed. Strange that i never had this before until a few days a go

Last edited:

Vote:
Solutions
Your wisdom teeth may be coming through and causing changes to your bite. You'd need to post an x ray here if you would like the dentists to try to analyse a cause. But at your age things can move about for that reason. If your bite is uncomfortable you should see a dentist to see whether they suggest removing the wisdom teeth or whether there is any other cause. It could be why your tooth felt loose.

Vote:
20180625_233304.jpg

Vote:

Ask a Question