Just got work done

cez

Hello,

I went to the dentist to get work done on my front tooth. It was previously worked on from being chipped but part of the composite fell off, leaving a small hole/gap between my two front teeth near my gum line before the teeth came together again.

The dentist fixed my tooth and it looks better but the new composite looks discolored in relation to the rest of my mouth.

When he gave me a mirror in the office to look at his work I noticed it but wasn't too concerned because my lip was numb leading to a goofy smile and there was some blood around my gums and I figured the lighting wasn't great. I found excuses to not bring it up.

Now I am home and am still bothered by this discoloration because it's not a result of any of the things I made excuses for previously. There is still blood on my gums near the tooth so maybe that is drawing my attention to it, but the discoloration seems quite noticeable.

I am disappointed to have this dilemma. I don't think he could do anything except redo the entire procedure and I don't think he would do that without me having to pay again, which I did out of pocket.

Is there a way he could change the discoloration without redoing the whole procedure?

What would you do if you were in my position?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Probably have to redo it. Just ring and express your concerns - he might do it for nothing or at a discount.

Vote:

Ask a Question