Got tooth extraction it's been 6 days worried about healing .

Good morning eveyone,
I got my tooth extracted last week Thursday with my top 2 wisdom teeth I'm just wondering if this looks like it's healing properly for 6 days in I have my follow up tomorrow just wanted to see cause I am getting worried looking at it . I attached a picture and I appreciate your help .I have been cleaning with salt water and taken care of it I haven't smoked in the 6 days aswell.
IMG_20190626_060808.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks fine. You're past the danger time for dry sockets.
That 1st molar is badly eroded - I suspect you have a lot of acidic drinks or foods? (soft drinks, sports drinks, citrus fruits, etc).

Vote:
So Matt what happened was that molar/wisdom tooth came in slanted and my previous dentist looked past it and by the time I got a good job with coverage I went back to the dentist and that wisdom tooth was hitting the tooth infront and I couldn't brush inbetween and damaged the tooth in front really bad I was recommended to pull it then do a root canal. I'm going to get that tooth fixed and hopefully will look better once the cavity is fixed. I do drink lot of bad drinks which I need to cut down I'm also on my 6 day of not smoking cause I was nervous about the dry socket.thanks for your response made me feel a lot better and if you recommend anything else let me know!

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Glad to help. It's hard to give up those drinks, but you really must. I've just finally given up coffee and alcohol for good :(.

Vote:

Ask a Question