Got tooth extraction it's been 6 days worried about healing .

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by Therealone27, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Therealone27

Therealone27

Good morning eveyone,
    I got my tooth extracted last week Thursday with my top 2 wisdom teeth I'm just wondering if this looks like it's healing properly for 6 days in I have my follow up tomorrow just wanted to see cause I am getting worried looking at it . I attached a picture and I appreciate your help .I have been cleaning with salt water and taken care of it I haven't smoked in the 6 days aswell. IMG_20190626_060808.jpg

Therealone27, Jun 26, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. Therealone27

MattKW Verified Dentist

Looks fine. You're past the danger time for dry sockets.
    That 1st molar is badly eroded - I suspect you have a lot of acidic drinks or foods? (soft drinks, sports drinks, citrus fruits, etc).

MattKW, Jun 26, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Therealone27

Therealone27

So Matt what happened was that molar/wisdom tooth came in slanted and my previous dentist looked past it and by the time I got a good job with coverage I went back to the dentist and that wisdom tooth was hitting the tooth infront and I couldn't brush inbetween and damaged the tooth in front really bad I was recommended to pull it then do a root canal. I'm going to get that tooth fixed and hopefully will look better once the cavity is fixed. I do drink lot of bad drinks which I need to cut down I'm also on my 6 day of not smoking cause I was nervous about the dry socket.thanks for your response made me feel a lot better and if you recommend anything else let me know!

Therealone27, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Therealone27

MattKW Verified Dentist

Glad to help. It's hard to give up those drinks, but you really must. I've just finally given up coffee and alcohol for good :(.

MattKW, Jun 27, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question