Front tooth stains

I'm having a problem with stains showing up on my front teeth every day. They disappear after a single brushing but are back by the next morning. My dentist says I have great oral hygiene and that I shouldn't worry if they go away after brushing but I would like to know what I can do to prevent this. I have included a before and after picture from this morning. Some days the stains are worse than this and some better.

Attachments

• Snapchat-571473117.jpg
    Snapchat-571473117.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Snapchat-1125701231.jpg
    Snapchat-1125701231.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 265

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like old discoloured composite fillings to me. Have you ever chipped those teeth?. Sometimes the dentist can simply repolish the fillings.

Vote:
Solutions
There must be something wrong with the material they used. I have composite fillings but they do not stain like yours. I had some years ago which did stain, but you couldn't brush it out. But dentists have told me the more modern composites stain less and are stronger. Do you drink coffee or red wine? Because I drink both and my composites don't do this. It's like yours are porous or something. It's strange that when you clean them they are really white.

Vote:
No red wine and very rarely drink coffee. Porosity was something I wondered about. Some days the stains come back in less than 12hrs but I can literally wipe them away with my T-shirt or a napkin and some elbow grease.

Vote:

Ask a Question