Do I have an abscess? Lump above front tooth

Solutions
i have a lump above my front tooth, it feels weird, it doesn’t hurt and isn’t at all painful. It feels like a bubble could this be an abscess or would it hurt if it was an abscess? Thanks

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If it popped, it is likely to be a draining abscess. They don't always cause pain; it's like bursting a pimple. But the cause is still present (dead tooth), and you need to get it checked properly and treated. Antibiotics won't cure it, and should only be used for facial swelling - don't let it get that far.

Vote:
Solutions
If it popped, it is likely to be a draining abscess. They don't always cause pain; it's like bursting a pimple. But the cause is still present (dead tooth), and you need to get it checked properly and treated. Antibiotics won't cure it, and should only be used for facial swelling - don't let it get that far.

Hi thanks for your reply, is there any possibility it could have just been an ulcer, there is no lump there now my gum is just a bit red, I’m so scared

Vote:
Solutions
You should see a dentist. Nobody here can diagnose you without x rays. But if it's an abscess then it will come back. Ulcers do not pop.

Vote:

Ask a Question