Front fused tooth (gemination tooth)

My front left tooth is two teeth fused into one & god it looks awful. I’m ready to get rid of it but no dentist seems to have a answer for it. I’m 26 and i can’t take it anymore. It looks so awful. Can i get it pulled and have two dental implants put in to make it look normal??

Attachments

• EC7E6A54-F0AA-4E11-84A2-0E380DCFED2F.jpeg
    EC7E6A54-F0AA-4E11-84A2-0E380DCFED2F.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 268

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You will always get different opinions. My opinion will be more conservative. I personally think your smile profile looks fine. If you are talking to me up close, I wouldn't think too much of it. I've seen so many cosmetic failures and poor results looking way worse than your teeth. First off, what is your profession? Do you sell, make presentations, go on tv or movies, etc? Is it worth taking a cosmetic investment?

If you choose the cosmetic route, it will be painful both literally and to your wallet. Most likely you will need 2 implants and implant crowns. Since it is hard to match against your adjacent teeth, the other 2 contralateral teeth will need crowns or veneers. Because of possible failure and or poor results, I would refer you to a prosthodontist who specialize in restoring crowns and implants. You can defy the odds or my advice and go cheap.

Vote:
prosthodontist
You will always get different opinions. My opinion will be more conservative. I personally think your smile profile looks fine. If you are talking to me up close, I wouldn't think too much of it. I've seen so many cosmetic failures and poor results looking way worse than your teeth. First off, what is your profession? Do you sell, make presentations, go on tv or movies, etc? Is it worth taking a cosmetic investment?

If you choose the cosmetic route, it will be painful both literally and to your wallet. Most likely you will need 2 implants and implant crowns. Since it is hard to match against your adjacent teeth, the other 2 contralateral teeth will need crowns or veneers. Because of possible failure and or poor results, I would refer you to a prosthodontist who specialize in restoring crowns and implants. You can defy the odds or my advice and go cheap.
I work in a office setting so it’s fine with work. But my problem is i feel awkward smiling and talking when meeting people (women) because they just stare at my teeth and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I rarely smile because of this tooth problem

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I understand what you are feeling. As a minority, I grew up in an under educated, poor, mostly white population who constantly reminds me to go back to where I came from. I had no confidence meeting people. I developed instant confidence once Dental School accepted me. I knew most people who antagonize or think negative of me are not better than me. I moved to the Pacific NW where the people are more accepting. I'm not a love coach but women like confidence and if a woman can not get past your slight imperfection, you are way better off without her.

Vote:
I understand what you are feeling. As a minority, I grew up in an under educated, poor, mostly white population who constantly reminds me to go back to where I came from. I had no confidence meeting people. I developed instant confidence once Dental School accepted me. I knew most people who antagonize or think negative of me are not better than me. I moved to the Pacific NW where the people are more accepting. I'm not a love coach but women like confidence and if a woman can not get past your slight imperfection, you are way better off without her.
Thank you for your advice. I will keep this info in mind!

Vote:

Ask a Question