Extreme bleeding after wisdom teeth removal

I got my wisdom teeth out 7 days ago. There haven’t been many problems up until recently. About 10 minutes after eating, my mouth started gushing blood. Like A LOT of blood. There is no pain or anything. I put gauze on it and that stops the bleeding, but after I remove the gauze it starts again. Same this with black tea bags. Has this happened to anyone? Any advice about what I should do?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is very strange that this is happening 7 days after the procedure. By this time clot formation has already taken place and there should be granulation tissue in the socket. Are you on any medication that could lead to increased bleeding? I would suggest going for a follow-up with your dentist or oral surgeon.

Vote:
It is very strange that this is happening 7 days after the procedure. By this time clot formation has already taken place and there should be granulation tissue in the socket. Are you on any medication that could lead to increased bleeding? I would suggest going for a follow-up with your dentist or oral surgeon.
I called my oral surgeon while it was happening and they agreed it was very strange. I think that maybe that one is infected. Im a little bit worried because the tooth next to it has some discoloration as well. I am going for a follow-up today. Thank you!

Vote:

Ask a Question