Does this look like a sinus perforation?? X-rays provided. URGENT!

1698549187425.png

Look closely at the right side of the photo(my left side). I had wisdom teeth extractions.... I went to some incompetent dentist and I feel like they made a hole in my sinus membrane. There is a clear outline of my sinus membrane on the left side of the photo(my right side) however the right side of the photo(my left side) does not have the outline. Looks like there is a chunk missing from the membrane.

I have no dentistry experience. I just started having sinus issues and I saw somewhere about sinus perforation causing chronic sinus issues and I put two and two together. Can anyone help me?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Sinus perforation or an oral antral sinus is usually accompanied with symptoms, such as a constant wheezing sound, or fluid coming out of your nose when drinking. If some of these symptoms are not present, then most likely there is no sinus perforation, and you just have to give the area some time to heal.
Also note that a sinus opening is a common risk associated with the removal of any maxillary teeth, whose roots are close or in the maxillary sinus.

Vote:

Ask a Question