Crack in tooth, please help?

Crack in tooth, please help?
So I got a filling a few years back, and recently I felt my very back tooth was slightly sharp. I looked and noticed a crack going down one side. It's not sore, never even noticed it. Don't know how long it's been like that. Got a dentist appointment the 4th of next month. Is there a
high chance the tooth be saved?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511-140056_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511-140056_Gallery.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240511-135743_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511-135743_Gallery.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
Early dentist visits are key for saving the tooth. While you lack pain, that doesn't mean the crack isn't serious. Small cracks can be saved by a crown, but a severe one might require a root canal or even extraction. Your dentist will assess the crack's severity and recommend treatment. Stick with your appointment and avoid hard foods until then.

Vote:
Early dentist visits are key for saving the tooth. While you lack pain, that doesn't mean the crack isn't serious. Small cracks can be saved by a crown, but a severe one might require a root canal or even extraction. Your dentist will assess the crack's severity and recommend treatment. Stick with your appointment and avoid hard foods until then.
Oh so there's no chance all that's need is a filling? So I definitely need a crown?

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If the crack is shallow enough, it can be drilled out and filled with a composite filling yes. Especially if there is no symptoms on the tooth

Vote:

Ask a Question