New crown does not feel natural

Three days ago I got a crown (#12) where the tooth got broken. The new crown is not painful but it does not feel natural. Hard to explain - I just feel conscious of it. The inside of the tooth feels too thick. In general it feels heavy. As I said, it just doesn't feel natural. No pain however. I don't recall having this problem with other crowns. Is this a matter of getting used to the new crown? I should point out that the tooth next to to the crown was extracted and an implant put in at the same time that the dentist worked on the mold for the crown. Then on the last visit when the dentist installed the crown he also extracted another molar in the same area and installed an implant.

If your new dental crown does not feel natural and is causing discomfort or doesn't match your bite properly, it's important to address the issue. Here are a few steps you can take:

Contact Your Dentist: Reach out to your dentist and let them know about the discomfort and the fact that the new crown doesn't feel natural. Explain the specific issues you're experiencing, such as discomfort, sensitivity, or difficulty biting.

Schedule a Checkup: Your dentist will likely want to examine the crown to assess the fit, alignment, and your bite. They might take X-rays or use other diagnostic tools to ensure that the crown is properly placed and isn't causing any underlying issues.

Adjustment or Refinement: If the crown is not fitting properly or is causing an unnatural sensation, your dentist may need to make adjustments. This could involve refining the crown's shape, adjusting its alignment, or modifying the bite to ensure proper occlusion (how your teeth come together when you bite).

Temporary Discomfort: Keep in mind that it's not uncommon for there to be a brief period of adjustment after getting a new crown. Your mouth and bite might need some time to adapt to the changes. However, persistent discomfort or an unnatural feeling should be addressed promptly.

Follow-Up Appointments: Your dentist might schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and ensure that the issues are being resolved. Be sure to attend these appointments and communicate any ongoing concerns.

Vote:

Ask a Question