Does my crown have to be replaced?

HI,

I went to the dentist about a week ago and they told me I had to get a new crown because the old one(3-4 years) had an opening and a decay was forming. I made the appointment and it's coming up in a couple days so I don't really have flexibility to go to another dentist. Can any dental professional check this out?

It's tooth 16, and it's crowned + root canaled. I also put up tooth x ray 13 + 14 because it had also had tooth 16 in it.

Attachments

• tooth.PNG
    tooth.PNG
    51.9 KB · Views: 50

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is tooth #15 and I see the defect they are talking about (Mesial margin). I don't think it is urgent that you need a new crown. Depending on how well you clean your teeth, I've seen crowns like that have no problems for many years. I've also seen crowns decay if you drink a lot of sugary beverages.

Vote:
It is tooth #15 and I see the defect they are talking about (Mesial margin). I don't think it is urgent that you need a new crown. Depending on how well you clean your teeth, I've seen crowns like that have no problems for many years. I've also seen crowns decay if you drink a lot of sugary beverages.
I'll probably just reschedule the appointment and get my other dentist's opinion to help with my decision. I just need a 3rd opinion because it's going both ways right now.
Thanks for the reply

Vote:

Ask a Question