Osteosclerosis??

Thoughts on this? Went to dentist today, found this on x-ray, got a CT scan. I've had very minimal pain on top of this tooth when chewing, but am having a little bit of the tooth poke at the gum. Does not hurt at that site. I have f/u after radiologists reviews the CT, but I am stressing a lot. Any thoughts on what this could be?

This is the tooth where I have a filling (I think - it has been like 2.5 years), and maybe I have some grinding recession so not sure if that contributes at all to this. Thanks!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Could be condensing osteitis. This is often attributed to cases where the patient is a bruxer, and there is constant inflammation of the associated root's ligament.
Usually treatment would only be indicated if the tooth question is symptomatic. Otherwise we only observe for now.
I would rule out any other malignancies by also suggesting a CBCT scan of the area.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Observation only and watch for any changes in size or the development of symptoms. If the associated tooth becomes painful, most likely a root canal after that

Vote:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IKHToby966

Latest Threads