Dental implants and concern over the regrowth of the papilla

hello,

My front tooth was chipped in half when I was 8. I had a root canal therapy when I was about 12 and a crown put in place when I was 21. In October this year the crown slipped off when I was eating and my dentist recommended that I got implants.

So far, the entirety of what remains of that tooth has been extracted and I've proceeded paat the first stage of the implant procedure. Meanwhile, I have a temporary partial denture in place while my bone is healing. What concerns me however is even though the partial denture is place, the triangular piece of gum, the papilla, on both sides of the tooth in question, has disappeared and there is now a visible gap on both sides of the denture tooth. I know that without a permanent tooth in place, and given that I have to remove the denture every night before I sleep, there is no support so naturally the papilla would recede. I was wondering if it would grow back after the implant procedure is complete.

Thanks a lot for your help x

Ask a Question