Deep cleaning for implant uppers and bridges

Last year I got full upper teeth implants with zirconium, permanent.
Now I am getting a 3 tooth bridge on the lower with implants. All is okay,No complaint.
but I don't see why I need a deep cleaning! Costs nearly a $1000. for cleaning
without insurance. Is that excessive? Would a regular cleaning suffice?
I had a deep cleaning several years ago from another dentist. Am trying
to minimize my aggravation. This dental office pushes work.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why did the dentist suggest a deep cleaning? Did you ask? Did you have a lot of subgingival calculus or build up on the remainder of your own lower teeth? If there was the dentist might have suggested a deep cleaning in order to improve the general hygiene of your lower teeth and tissues, in order to minimize any inflammation that could contribute to future implant integration failure.

Vote:
She did not mention subgingival calculus or buildup, whatever that is. She said it is needed prior to putting in
the new implant bridge on the lower right of mouth. Why a cleaning for the upper implants, that are new?
She wants to replace my three lower teeth because they are discolored and perhaps because of grinding.
What about the price of $900.? Isn't that excessive?
I get the feeling that the dentist is looking for work to do.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Difficult to say without a clinical picture of your mouth, but if you are concerned, seek a second opinion from another dentist or surgeon. You are well within your rights to do this.

Vote:

Ask a Question